NEW UPDATED Catalina GUIDE IS HERE; https://www.youtube.com/watch?vqv1C3pHnUYs
Remember boot key is the ‘Alt/Option’ Key on the LEFT SIDE of the keyboard!
In this video I will show you you how to install macOS 10.15 Catalina on an unsupported Mac.
To be clear this guide shows you how to install Mac OS Catalina, it is up to you to backup your data first and use Catalina at your own risk, I am not responsible for any loss of data etc…For me as you can see I installed Catalina and it worked for me, however due to unforeseen circumstances I can’t help with all install steps if it doesn’t work out for you. I also can’t support or guide you on the use of additional Apps you may install like for example Office (word, powerpoint, excel), Final Cut Pro, Photoshop etc… they may work – they may not. However do help others in the comments if you get Apps to work what other are struggling with.
Using dosdude1 Patcher; I have successfully installed MacOS Catalina 10.15 onto a 2008 MacBook Pro and you can to on your Intel Mac!
You will need a USB stick and a copy of MacOS Catalina 2020 and the patcher.
The USB stick I have used and works with MacOS Catalina is this one;
UK – https://amzn.to/2UKD7EW
You can download this from dosdude1 website;
The same Macbook, Macbook Air, Macbook Pro, iMac, Mac Mini & Mac Pro that were compatible with MacOS Mojave work with Catalina 10.15.
One Final note at the time of making this video, MacOS Catalina is currently on 10.15.3 so a newer version might be available but I would still recommend dosdude1 Catalina Patcher with with newer versions.
Known compatible devices;
• Early-2008 or newer Mac Pro, iMac, or MacBook Pro:
• iMac11,x (systems with AMD Radeon HD 5xxx and 6xxx series GPUs will be almost unusable when running Mojave. More details are located in the Known Issues section below.)
• iMac12,x (systems with AMD Radeon HD 5xxx and 6xxx series GPUs will be almost unusable when running Mojave. More details are located in the Known Issues section below.)
You need to disable the AMD video card on a 2011 15/”/17/” MacBook Pro (MacBookPro8,2/8,3), you can follow the guide found here: http://dosdude1.com/gpudisable
• Late-2008 or newer MacBook Air or Aluminum Unibody MacBook:
• Early-2009 or newer Mac Mini or white MacBook:
• Early-2008 or newer Xserve:
Take the opportunity to connect and share this video with your friends and family if you find it useful.